Local Economic Development for Local Government Units (LED4LGUs)
LED4LGUs is an innovative program designed to provide local government units (LGUs) with a solid understanding of the principles and decision tools of LED to assess their local economic opportunities, develop and implement their LED initiatives that will create an enabling environment for retaining businesses and attract investment. As a result, it will create jobs and alleviate poverty in the community.
The project is organized to develop and enhance the capacities of LGU officials and functionaries to generate strategic options and develop unique and unconventional approaches towards improving productivity of their locality. It is carried out by the local Government Academy (LGA) with technical assistance provided by the Local Government Support Program-Local Economic Development (LGSP-LED).
Regional Office Commitments:
- Conduct Training to Target LGUs on:
- Entrepreneurial LGU management towards Sustainable LED
- Development of LED strategy
- Formulation of Business Plan with financing option
- Formulation of Local Incentives & Investment Code
No. of LGUs provided with training have produced the following outputs:
- LED Action Plan
- LED Strategy (with financing options)
- Business Plan
- Local Incentives & Investment Code