Local Legislative Award (LLA)
Over the years, numerous recognition and awards have been conferred to local government in various fields of endeavors. However, a national award for local legislative bodies is yet to be realized. There is a need, therefore, to create an award system that recognizes the exemplary performance of sanggunian’s particularly of cities and municipalities for legislating measures that help build the foundation of meaningful local administration and development. It is within the purview of the foregoing considerations that the Legislative Award for the Sangguniang Panlungsod and the Sangguniang Bayan is hereby established.
The primary objective of the Award is to accord official recognition to the Sangguniang Panlungsod and the Sangguniang Bayan that excel in legislative laws that ultimately contribute to the attainment of desirable socio-economic and environmental management outcomes.
The Legislative Award for the Sangguniang Panlungsod and Sangguniang Bayan shall start in September 2006, and shall be implemented annually thereafter.
It is for the Sanggunians which excel in legislative laws that ultimately contribute to the attainment of desirable socio-economic and environmental outcomes as evaluated on the following:
- Effectiveness of the Legislative Agenda;
- Effectiveness of the Legislative Tracking System;
- Availability of Legislative Documents;
- Efficiency of Performance of the Sanggunian: and
- Quality of Office Set-Up and Staff Complement.
Role of DILG:
- Formulate necessary guidelines for the implementation of the said project;
- Issue the necessary MC to all concerned offices and personnel’s regarding the project;
- Responsible in the organization of the different Awards committees in different levels;
- Heads of different DILG field offices shall act as Chairman of the Awards committee in their area of responsibilities; and
- DILG Field offices shall provide technical support services to the committee in their AOR ;
- Coordinate with different agencies both national, local and LGUs and;
- Responsible for the Awards and prizes of the winners.